What is an SRES® ?
A Seniors Real Estate Specialist® (SRES®) is a REALTOR® who is uniquely qualified to assist seniors in housing sales and purchases. The SRES® designation is awarded only to REALTORS® who have additional education on how to help seniors and their families with later-in-life real estate transactions. They also draw upon the expertise of a network of senior specialists, such as estate planners, CPAs, and eldercare lawyers, and are familiar with local community resources and services. Their mission is to help seniors and their families navigate the maze of financial, legal and emotional issues that accompany the
sale of the home.
What qualities make an SRES® different?
- Has knowledge, experience and compassion in dealing with senior issues.
- Can suggest housing alternatives, including ones that may allow an aging parent to remain in the home instead of selling it.
- Takes a no-pressure approach to the transaction and has a strong service orientation.
- Will take the time needed to make a client feel comfortable with the complex selling process.
- Understands the emotional demands a sale can make on a senior, and tries to minimize them.
- Tailors the marketing of a home to the needs of an older client.
- Can interact easily with all generations, including seniors, adult children and caretakers.
- Is knowledgeable about local senior housing options and elder support services.
- Has a wide network of other senior focused professionals who can assist in tax counseling, financial and estate planning, and other aspects of the sale and move.
An SRES professional network covers a wide variety of seniors’ needs in Chicago and suburbs.
Property: Peinters, Landscapers, Handyman, Certified Aging in Place Specalist, Clutter Reduction Experts, Storage Facilities, Senior moving specialists, Houskeeping services, Charities,
Legal and Financial: Elder law attorneys (wills, trusts, estates), CPAs or money managers, financial planners, reverse mortgage lendrs, estate liquidators, tax specialists, insurance agents, 1031 exchange specialists, title and escrow companies.
Personal: home health care agencies, community service contacts, hospitals and clinics, public benefits offices, grief counselors, PACE programs, meals on wheels, estate sale organizers, dog walkers, volunteer opportunities.
See my senior housing professional profile on retirement living network website Let's Retire Here.
Related Blog Posts on Homes By Haris:
- The New Downsizing ~ Top 10 Rightsizing Tips
- CCRC Contract Consideration
- Facts & Figuers On Today's Retirees