Make Your Home Easier To Sell With These 10 easy steps
Make Your Home Easier to Sell with these 10 easy steps
1. Toss stacks of newspapers and magazines. Clear clutter. Store your small decorative items. Pack out-of-season clothing to make more closet space using storage organizers. Clean garage to make sure it reflects as space for cars; nothing else.
2. Let more light into the interior by cleaning screens and washing windows inside and out.
3. Keep spaces and surfaces extra clean. Lift fingerprints from the light switch plates. Wash and wax floors. Wipe and thoroughly wash the stove and refrigerator. A clean house makes a better first impression and portrays to buyers that the home has been well taken care of.
4. Remove odors and smells. Remember carpeting and drapes for eliminating cooking odors, smoke, and pet smells.
5. The use of higher wattage bulbs in light fixtures and light sockets to make rooms brighter, keep in mind basements and other dark rooms. Install new bulbs to avoid burnt-out bulbs.
6. Avoid bad impression by making repairs no matter how minor. Small issues such as sticky doors, torn screens, cracked caulking, or dripping faucet, need to be repaired to show buyers that the house is well maintained.
7. Maintain your lawn. Good yard maintenance pays off big. A good sense of arrival to the property relies on cut grass, raked leaves, trimmed bushes, and edged walks. Place a pot or two of bright flowers in and around the entry.
8 . Pay attention to your driveway and fix holes and reapply sealant.
9. Are gutters in top shape? They need to be clean.
10. Look at front doorknob and door numbers; they must be high shine and nothing less.
Speed Up Your Sale by focusing on 5 items
1. Price it to sell. Select the lower end of your property’s realistic price range.
2. Your house needs to be market-ready two weeks before you begin showing it.
3. Allow flexibility for showings. It 's not always easy but the more often someone can see your home, the sooner you’ll find the seller.
4. Offers come fast and often. Decide prior the price and terms you find acceptable.
5. Consider a drop in price when your home has been on the market for more than 30 days without an offer, this means you need to lower your asking price.
Real Estate Tips on Homes By Haris.
Are you looking to sell a home in Chicago, Chicago North Shore & Chicago Norhwest suburbs and need help with detailed comparable market analysis?
Phone or Text 847-878-2588 for FREE comparable market analysis!
Homes By Haris